Vip Etna & Wine Tour Excursion
Tour on Etna volcano from Catania and its surrounding areas (private car with naturalistic guide)
During this tour the main theme is wine, we will propose a thematic itinerary through the wine-making process on the slopes of the highest active volcano in Europe, a guided tasting of wine produced on Etna mountain in a well-known wine producer, a whole day between taste and nature, ancient craters and new lava flows, lunar landscapes and luxuriant woods, breath-taking panoramas and volcanic caves to be safely explored together with our guide, who will fascinate you by telling the mysterious volcanic phenomena.
Programme of this summer full-day hike on Etna Mountain:
- Pick up and drop off Catania and surrounding areas or in Via Giuseppe Garibaldi 39 Catania
- You will observe the different lava edges of the ancient lava flows (eruptions of 1991/1993) by climbing on the slopes of Etna Volcano.
- A pleasant walk to discover ancient and new craters, by observing the Ionian coastline from above.
- You will then explore an amazing lava flowing cave. (We will supply you with the safety helmets and flashlights).
- The “Valle del Bove”, ancient volcanic caldera.
- A stop in a well-known wine producer to taste the local typical wine of Etna.
Surcharges for pick up and drop off outside Catania
These surcharges are applied to the passengers for pick up and drop off outside the city of Catania
(amount to be shared out among the number of participants departing from the following places)
|SIGONELLA - MOTTA SANT'ANASTASIA||51€|
|RIPOSTO - GIARRE - MASCALI||51€|
This excursion is also available during the winter! The passengers will be supplied with snowshoes, if necessary.
The activities address to EtnaSicilyTouring members and the cost of the activity includes the membership fee as well as the insurance fee.
For further information about our excursions please read the F.A.Q. before booking.