Elite Etna & Taormina Tour Excursion
Tour on Etna volcano from Catania and its surrounding areas (maximum 8 people and one naturalistic guide)
The first stop on our tour is the “Sapienza” refuge, which escaped several times to the fury of the volcano, a break and a pleasant excursion will allow us to admire ancient craters and new lava flows, lunar landscapes, houses stuck in the solidified lava and breath-taking panoramas, safe exploration of a volcanic cave, constantly escorted by our hiking guides, a tasting of typical products of Etna will allow us to appreciate the nectar of the gods. We will then continue towards Taormina, with a stop at the charming "Isola Bella", the Pearl of the Ionian Sea, where the people called “Siculi” originally settled, and then Greeks established here their dominion, a free walk along Corso Umberto and the medieval narrow lanes, the Greek Theatre overlooking the volcano and the Bay of Giardini Naxos, with the chance to go shopping in the pretty artisan shops or exclusive stores.
Programme of this full-day hike on Etna Mountain:
- Pick up and drop off Catania and surrounding areas or in Via Giuseppe Garibaldi 39 Catania
- You will observe the different lava edges of the ancient lava flows (eruptions of 1991/1993) by climbing on the slopes of Etna Volcano.
- A pleasant walk to discover ancient and new craters, by observing the Ionian coastline from above.
- You will then explore an amazing lava flowing cave. (We will supply you with the safety helmets and flashlights).
- The “Valle del Bove”, ancient volcanic caldera.
- A pleasant break in a Laboratory where they produce honey, to taste the local typical food of Etna territory such as oil and wine.
- You will get to Taormina and will have spare time to walk along Corso Umberto. You could go for shopping, visit Churches and buildings, admire the Greek Theatre and enjoy the Belvedere panorama above the Ionian coast.
- Two hours later you will meet our guide at the opposite edge of Corso Umberto.
Surcharges for pick up and drop off outside Catania
These surcharges are applied to the passengers for pick up and drop off outside the city of Catania
(amount to be shared out among the number of participants departing from the following places)
|SIGONELLA - MOTTA SANT'ANASTASIA||51€|
|RIPOSTO - GIARRE - MASCALI||51€|
This excursion is also available during the winter! The passengers will be supplied with snowshoes, if necessary.
The activities address to EtnaSicilyTouring members and the cost of the activity includes the membership fee as well as the insurance fee.
For further information about our excursions please read the F.A.Q. before booking.