Excursion Madonie Safari Trekking Tour
Park of the Monsters - Wood of Stone and Cave of the Brigands
- Pick-up and drop off Via Giuseppe Garibaldi 39 Catania
- Transfer to Caltavuturo Corso Vittorio Emanuele 52 (TRANSFER SUPPLEMENT 150 € / CAR)
- Breafing with the Guide
- Panoramic tour in 4x4 and Trekking (total duration of about 5 hours)
- Visit of Terravecchia
- The Himera river with 360 ° views and the Madonie mountain range
- Route in 4x4 to the Monster Park
- The Wood of Stone
- The cave of the brigands
- Return to Caltavuturo for lunch or to Catania (TRANSFER SUPPLEMENT150€/CAR)
Program of this full day excursion on the Madonie:
Excursion on the Madonie starting from Catania and surroundings.
Excellent proposal for those who want to discover the unknown Sicily or for those who want to move to Palermo or Cefalù and appreciate the long stretch with a unique experience with the possibility of integrating it with a overnight stay in a holiday home
Day in the Madonie Park zone S.I.C.
Activity aimed at hikers in good physical shape, a day of pure adventure. It took more than 20 years until an old shepherd decided to reveal one of the most inaccessible places in the Madonie Park, a hiding place for brigands of the past.
A place of great energy and emotional vibration, unobtainable without the help of a particular guide. A natural cave that hides irrefutable traces of a past that is still shrouded in mystery. To discover it, you will cross places with striking names: the Valle del Lupo - the Park of the Monsters - the Stone Forest, corners of perfectly preserved nature.
We will use our hands to walk, we will make our way with a machete to reach the Cave of the Brigands, we will refine our balance to move. A short but intense journey between sculpted stones, rock walls and dense vegetation.
A natural adventure park where everyone will be able to measure without any particular risk their pareidoliache capacities, to find monsters among the ancient olive trees stimulating the creativity and sensitivity of adults and children, we will be forced to abandon for a long stretch any of our thoughts .
Visitors who have had the privilege of doing this experience will find themselves immersed in a labyrinth of wild nature. We will visit an old farmhouse among ultracentenarian olive trees and we will know its history, our guide will charm you by telling you, along the path, stories of ancient brigands.
- Transfer from Catania to Caltavuturo € 150.00 one way (to be divided by the number of passengers)
- Possibility to stay in a holiday home in Caltavuturo: 6/8 places € 25.00 per person
- Transfer to Cefalù € 80.00 one way (to be divided by the number of passengers)
- Transfer to Palermo € 130.00 one way (to be divided by the number of passengers)
- Possibility of lunch in the equipped area or in the house of the guide with supplement € 20.00 only typical dishes of haute cuisine of the tradition Madonita possibly cooked with wood.
BOOKING WITHIN 6.00 P.M. OF THE PREVIOUS DAY
INFO POINT SICILY EXCURSIONS
Via Giuseppe Garibaldi 39 Catania
+39 (0)95 7237554
This excursion is also available during the winter! The passengers will be supplied with snowshoes, if necessary.
The activities address to EtnaSicilyTouring members and the cost of the activity includes the membership fee as well as the insurance fee.
For further information about our excursions please read the F.A.Q.s before booking.