Excursion Madonie Safari Trekking Tour
Park of the Monsters - Wood of Stone and Cave of the Brigands
Excursion on the Madonie starting from Catania and surroundings.
Excellent proposal for those who want to discover the unknown Sicily or for those who want to move to Palermo or Cefalù and appreciate the long stretch with a unique experience with the possibility of integrating it with a overnight stay in a holiday home
Day in the Madonie Park zone S.I.C.
Activity aimed at hikers in good physical shape, a day of pure adventure. It took more than 20 years until an old shepherd decided to reveal one of the most inaccessible places in the Madonie Park, a hiding place for brigands of the past. A place of great energy and emotional vibration, unobtainable without the help of a particular guide. A natural cave that hides irrefutable traces of a past that is still shrouded in mystery. To discover it, you will cross places with striking names: the Valle del Lupo - the Park of the Monsters - the Stone Forest, corners of perfectly preserved nature. We will use our hands to walk, we will make our way with a machete to reach the Cave of the Brigands, we will refine our balance to move. A short but intense journey between sculpted stones, rock walls and dense vegetation. A natural adventure park where everyone will be able to measure without any particular risk their pareidoliache capacities, to find monsters among the ancient olive trees stimulating the creativity and sensitivity of adults and children, we will be forced to abandon for a long stretch any of our thoughts . Visitors who have had the privilege of doing this experience will find themselves immersed in a labyrinth of wild nature. We will visit an old farmhouse among ultracentenarian olive trees and we will know its history, our guide will charm you by telling you, along the path, stories of ancient brigands.
Program of this full day excursion on the Madonie:
- Pick-up and drop off Catania and hinterland or Via Giuseppe Garibaldi 39 Catania (OPTIONAL - SEE SUPPLEMENTS)
- Continue on board your or our cars to: Caltavuturo Corso Vittorio Emanuele 52 where you will find our Madonie'Guide.
- Arrival in Caltavuturo, short briefing and start of the tour with a panoramic tour in 4x4 and Trekking (total duration of about 5 hours).
- Visit of Terravecchia, of the remains of its Castle and Mannari, an historical and anthropological site of the Arab / Norman period of its ancient sheepfolds of the pastoral tradition.
- We will reach the altitude of 700 meters. where you can admire a spectacular view of the northern Himera river with 360 ° views and the Madonie mountain range.
- Route in 4x4 to the Park of the Monsters with short intervals of trek dedicated to Pareidolia.
- We continue with a passage in an ancient masseria
- Immersion in the Stone Forest, a labyrinth of wild nature where the rhythm of the changes of the naturalistic environments is wild
- Finally the cave of the brigands, you can enter a hiding place of ancient brigands accompanied by stories of their history shrouded in mystery. (Flashlights and helmets supplied by us)
- Return to Caltavuturo for lunch (OPTIONAL - VIEW SUPPLEMENTS) and relax.
- Transfer from Catania to Caltavuturo € 150.00 one way (to be divided by the number of passengers)
- Possibility to stay in a holiday home in Caltavuturo: 6/8 places € 25.00 per person
- Transfer to Cefalù € 80.00 one way (to be divided by the number of passengers)
- Transfer to Palermo € 130.00 one way (to be divided by the number of passengers)
- Possibility of lunch in the equipped area or in the house of the guide with supplement € 20.00 only typical dishes of haute cuisine of the tradition Madonita possibly cooked with wood.