Etna & Wine Tour Excursion for cruise passengers
Tour on Etna volcano starting from the port of Messina
During this tour the main theme is wine, we will propose a thematic itinerary through the wine-making process on the slopes of the highest active volcano in Europe, a guided tasting of wine produced on Etna mountain in one of the well-known wine producers, a whole day between taste and nature, ancient craters and new lava flows, lunar landscapes and luxuriant woods, breath-taking panoramas and volcanic caves to be safely explored together with our guide, who will fascinate you by telling the mysterious volcanic phenomena.
Programme of this full-day hike on Etna Mountain:
- Pick-up e Drop-off at the entrance of the port of Messina.
- You will observe the different lava edges of the ancient lava flows (eruptions of 1991/1993) by climbing on the slopes of Etna Volcano.
- A pleasant walk to discover ancient and new craters, by observing the Ionian coastline from above.
- You will then explore an amazing lava flowing cave. (We will supply you with the safety helmets and flashlights).
- The “Valle del Bove”, ancient volcanic caldera.
- A stop in a well-known wine producer farm to taste the local typical wine of Etna.
- Return to the port of Messina in time for your boarding.
The daily tour can be modified and customised to any needs. * The meeting point will be outside the port of Messina, you will get more information after you reservation. *Please be sure to provide the time and place of your arrival to us when you confirm the booking – we need these details in order to arrange the transport and to ensure your return trip to be in time for your Cruise boarding!