Experience Etna Tour Excursion for cruise passengers
Tour on Etna volcano starting from the port of Catania
Discover the highest active volcano in Europe, between nature and flavours. Ancient craters and new lava flows, lunar landscapes and luxuriant woods, houses surrounded by lava and breath-taking views, you will explore volcanic caves safely and finally you can taste some local typical food of Etna. Half-day activity fulfilled with vehicle/4WD or minibus. Our hiking guides will escort you constantly and will fascinate you by telling the mysterious volcanic phenomena.
Programme of this half-day hike on Etna Mountain:
- Pick-up e Drop-off at the entrance of the port of Catania.
- You will observe the different lava edges of the ancient lava flows (eruptions of 1991/1993) by climbing on the slopes of Etna Volcano.
- This hike will be enriched by a pleasant walk, to discover ancient and new craters by observing the Ionian coastline from above.
- You will then explore an amazing lava flowing cave. (We will supply you with the safety helmets and flashlights).
- Unforgettable tour of the “Valle del Bove”, ancient volcanic caldera of Etna.
- During the sightseeing tour we will have a short break in a Laboratory where they produce honey, to taste the local typical food of Etna territory such as oil and wine.
- Return to the port of Catania in time for your boarding.
The daily tour can be modified and customised to any needs. * The meeting point will be outside the port of Catania, you will get more information after you reservation. *Please be sure to provide the time and place of your arrival to us when you confirm the booking – we need these details in order to arrange the transport and to ensure your return trip to be in time for your Cruise boarding!