Etna & Taormina Tour Excursion for cruise passengers
Tour on Etna volcano starting from the port of Catania
Experience a hike among nature and art. Ancient craters and new lava flows, lunar landscapes, houses stuck in the solidified lava and breath-taking panoramas, safe exploration of a volcanic cave. Enjoy a tasting of typical products. Visit the charming "Isola Bella", go for a free walk along Corso Umberto and the medieval narrow lanes of Taormina. You will be enchanted by the Greek Theatre overlooking the volcano and the Bay of Giardini Naxos. Full-day excursion fulfilled with vehicle/4WD or Minibus. You will be constantly escorted by our guides who will fascinate you telling the mysterious volcanic phenomena, legends and stories.
Programme of this half-day hike on Etna Mountain:
- Pick-up e Drop-off at the entrance of the port of Catania.
- You will observe the huge lava flow that affected the village of Zafferana Etnea in 1991/93 and then visit of the “Valle del Bove”, famous and ancient volcanic caldera where hundreds of lava flows have settled in several ages.
- After a trail by four-wheel drive you may visit a volcanic cave with helmet and flashlight supplied by us.
- After reaching 2000 metres of altitude above sea level, you shall appreciate the landscape of the Ionian coastline and Catania, finally a walk on ancient and recent volcanic craters.
- A pleasant stop in a Laboratory where they produce honey, to taste the local typical food of Etna territory such as oil and wine.
- After reaching Taormina, you will have time to walk along Corso Umberto. You could go for shopping, visit churches and buildings, admire the Greek Theatre and enjoy the Belvedere panorama above the Ionian coast.
- Return to the port of Catania in time for your boarding.
The daily tour can be modified and customised to any needs. * The meeting point will be outside the port of Catania, you will get more information after you reservation. *Please be sure to provide the time and place of your arrival to us when you confirm the booking – we need these details in order to arrange the transport and to ensure your return trip to be in time for your Cruise boarding!