Excursions for cruises arriving at the port of Catania
Catania City Tour & Etna Tour for cruise passengers - DURATION ABOUT 8 HOURS
WHAT YOU WILL DO DURING THIS EXCURSION:
- Pick-up and Drop-off Port of Catania (Exit VECCHIA DOGANA)
- Explore the historical center of the city of Catania accompanied by tour guides walking to discover the history and local culture
- Admire the architectural beauty of the historic center of the city of Catania and spend some pleasant hours between art, myth and legend
- Meeting with the Nature guide
- Reach the volcano Etna
- Stroll past ancient lava flows
- Reach the Rifugio Sapienza or Rifugio Citelli
- Trekking around the Silvestri Craters or Sartorius Craters
- Explore a lava flow cave with helmets and lamps
- See the Valle del Bove
- Enjoy the tasting of typical products
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE TOUR OF THE CITY OF CATANIA AND THE EXCURSION ON ETNA:
This Etna tour is suitable for the whole family, including children aged 12 and older.
THE EXCURSION FOR CROSSERISTS ARRIVING IN CATANIA includes a tour of the city of Catania and trekking routes of easy difficulty on Mount Etna.
Explore the historic city of Catania accompanied by tour guides who will fascinate you with the story of myths and legends related to the baroque architecture of the city.
You will have the opportunity to visit the highest active volcano in Europe, between nature and flavors, ancient craters and new flows. Climbing along the slopes of the volcano you will observe the different lava fronts of the ancient flows (eruptions of 1991/93) and the evolution of the landscape.
Choosing this excursion on Etna with departure from Catania you can admire the incredible lunar landscapes of the Etna park.
This excursion on Etna will be enriched by a walk to discover ancient and new craters, you will admire houses surrounded by lava and you will observe from the top the entire Ionic coast.
Visit Etna with our guides who will fascinate you by telling you the mysterious volcanic phenomena in addition to the myths and legends of Etna.
Explore the volcanic caves in complete safety accompanied constantly by our hiking guides (helmets and torches needed for the excursion in the cave will be provided by us).
Finally you can enjoy a tasting of typical products of Etna including honey oil and wine produced around the volcano.
When booking, please make sure to provide your arrival time and location - we need this to arrange transportation and to ensure that you are back in time for boarding your cruise ship!