Etna & Alcantara Tour
Tour on Etna volcano from Catania and its surrounding areas (by bus with naturalistic guide) avialable on:
- EVERY FRIDAY FROM JUNE TO OCTOBER
A day dedicated to water and fire, from the Gorges of Alcantara river to the highest ancient volcano in Europe, ancient craters and new lava flows, lunar landscapes and luxuriant woods, houses stuck in the solidified lava and breath-taking panoramas, volcanic caves to be safely explored.
Programme of this full-day hike on Etna Mountain:
- Pick up and drop off meeting point list:
- NH PARCO DEGLI ARAGONESI ore 8.00
- ROMANO PALACE ore 8.00
- PIAZZA BORSELLINO ore 8.05
- PIAZZA GIOVANNI XXIII ore 8.10
- PIAZZA STESICORO ore 8.15
- PIAZZA EUROPA ore 8.20
- HOTEL NETTUNO ore 8.25
- PASTICCERIA QUARANTA ore 8.30
- 4 SPA ore 8.40
- SHERATON ore 8.45
- HOTEL LACHEA ore 8.55
- Q8 CAPOMULINI ore 09.00
- HOTEL IBIS ore 09.05
- PIAZZA DUOMO ACIREALE ore 09.15
- ZAFFERANA DONNA PEPPINA ore 09.45
- You will observe the different lava edges of the ancient lava flows (eruptions of 1991/1993) by climbing on the slopes of Etna Volcano.
- You will then explore an amazing lava flowing cave. (We will supply you with the safety helmets and flashlights).
- The “Valle del Bove”, ancient volcanic caldera.
- A pleasant walk to discover ancient and new craters, by observing the Ionian coastline from above.
- Visit to the Alcantara River Park to admire the canyons originated about 300.000 years ago, surrounding a small river beach.
EXCURSION PRICE = € 49 / PAX