Elite Etna Morning Tour Excursion
Tour on Etna volcano from Catania and its surrounding areas (maximum 8 people and one naturalistic guide)
Thanks to this tour we will have the chance to visit Etna and discover the highest active volcano in Europe, between nature and flavours, ancient craters and new lava flows.
If you join this Etna tour departing from Catania and its surrounding areas you will see wonderful lunar landscapes and luxuriant woods of Etna Park, houses surrounded by lava and breath-taking views.
This unforgettable guided tour of Etna Mountain will allow you to explore volcanic caves in a safe way, constantly escorted by our hiking guides who will fascinate you by telling the mysterious volcanic phenomena of Etna and finally, at the end of this amazing Etna tour, you can taste some local typical food of Etna.
Programme of this morning hike on Etna Mountain
- Pick up and drop off Catania and surrounding areas or in Via Giuseppe Garibaldi 39 Catania
- You will observe the different lava edges of the ancient lava flows (eruptions of 1991/1993) by climbing on the slopes of Etna Volcano.
- This hike will be enriched by a pleasant walk to discover ancient and new craters (a short trekking on Etna suitable for everyone!), by observing the Ionian coastline from above.
- You will then explore an amazing lava flowing cave. (We will supply you with the safety helmets and flashlights).
- Unforgettable tour of the “Valle del Bove”, ancient volcanic caldera.
- During the sightseeing tour we will have a short break in a Laboratory where they produce honey, to taste the local typical food of Etna territory such as oil and wine.
Surcharges for pick up and drop off outside Catania
These surcharges are applied to the passengers for pick up and drop off outside the city of Catania
(amount to be shared out among the number of participants departing from the following places)
|SIGONELLA - MOTTA SANT'ANASTASIA||51€|
|RIPOSTO - GIARRE - MASCALI||51€|
This excursion is also available during the winter! The passengers will be supplied with snowshoes, if necessary.
The activities address to EtnaSicilyTouring members and the cost of the activity includes the membership fee as well as the insurance fee.
For further information about our excursions please read the F.A.Q. before booking.