Epiphany Etna Tour Excursion
Half-day tour to spend Epiphany on Etna volcano
Epiphany excursion on Etna. A half-day tour to spend the feast of 6th January on the highest active Volcano in Europe, between nature and flavours, ancient craters and new lava flows, lunar landscapes and luxuriant woods, houses stuck in the solidified lava and breath-taking panoramas, you will safely explore some volcanic caves constantly escorted by our guides, who will fascinate you by explaining the mysterious volcanic phenomena and finally a tasting of some typical local products of Etna territory.
BOOKING WITHIN 6.00 P.M. OF THE PREVIOUS DAY
INFO POINT SICILY EXCURSION
Via Giuseppe Garibaldi 39 Catania
+39 (0)95 7237554
Available on the Epiphany day (6th January)
- Pick up and Drop off at the closest meeting point to your accommodation facility.
MEETING POINT LIST
Info Point Sicily Excursion - Via Giuseppe Garibaldi 39 Catania: at 8.00 a.m.
Piazza Cavour: at 08.10 a.m.
Piazza Sanzio: at 08.25 a.m.
Piazza Mancini Battaglia (port of Ognina): at 08.40 a.m.
Bellavista Restaurant: Via Alcide De Gasperi 129 Acireale at 09.00 a.m.
Zafferana Etnea: Via Roma 218 (in the Square, opposite “Donna Peppina” Bar) at 09.45 a.m.
- A pleasant walk to discover ancient and new craters, by observing the Ionian coastline from over 2000 metres of altitude.
- We will then explore an amazing lava flowing cave.
- Visit of the “Valle del Bove”, ancient volcanic caldera, nowadays turned into a catch basin for several lava flows.
- Short stop in a beekeeping farm to taste some honey, oil and wine and other typical products of Etna area.
SPECIAL WINTER PRICE: 47€ PER PERSON
SPECIAL GROUP PRICE (AT LEAST 15 PEOPLE): 39€ PER PERSON
Surcharges for pick up and drop off outside Catania
These surcharges are applied to the passengers for pick up and drop off outside the city of Catania
(amount to be shared out among the number of participants departing from the following places)
|SIGONELLA - MOTTA SANT'ANASTASIA||51€|
|RIPOSTO - GIARRE - MASCALI||51€|
|TAORMINA-GIARDINI NAXOS|| |
This excursion is also available during the winter! The passengers will be supplied with snowshoes, if necessary.
The activities address to EtnaSicilyTouring members and the cost of the activity includes the membership fee as well as the insurance fee.
For further information about our excursions please read the F.A.Q. before booking.