Etna Wine & Alcantara Tour
Tour on Etna volcano from Taormina and its surrounding areas
Spend a day between taste and nature. A thematic itinerary through the wine-making process on the slopes of Etna. Ancient craters and new lava flows, lunar landscapes and luxuriant woods, breath-taking panoramas and volcanic caves to be safely explored. A guided wine tasting of local Etna wines with a brunch in one of the well-known local wine producers and finally a visit of the Alcantara River Park.
Programme of this full-day hike on Etna Mountain:
- Pick up and drop off Taormina and surrounding areas or in Piazzale Funivia Mazzarò in front of Blue Diving Center
- You will observe the different lava edges of the ancient lava flows (eruptions of 1991/1993) by climbing on the slopes of Etna Volcano.
- A pleasant walk to discover ancient and new craters, by observing the Ionian coastline from above.
- You will then explore an amazing lava flowing cave. (We will supply you with the safety helmets and flashlights).
- The “Valle del Bove”, ancient volcanic caldera.
- A stop for a local Etna wine tasting in a renowned wine producer farm.
- Visit to the Alcantara River Park
Surcharges for pick up and drop off outside Taormina
These surcharges are applied to the passengers for pick up and drop off outside the city of Taormina
(amount to be shared out among the number of participants departing from the following places)
|SIGONELLA - MOTTA SANT'ANASTASIA||51€|
|RIPOSTO - GIARRE - MASCALI||51€|
This excursion is also available during the winter! The passengers will be supplied with snowshoes, if necessary.
The activities address to EtnaSicilyTouring members and the cost of the activity includes the membership fee as well as the insurance fee.
For further information about our excursions please read the F.A.Q. before booking.