Etna Trekking Tour Excursion
Tour on Etna volcano from Catania and its surrounding areas
Activities aimed at hikers in good health conditions, an entire day surrounded by nature, pure trekking, lunar landscapes, luxuriant woods and breath-taking panoramas, volcanic caves to be safely explored . Our guides will fascinate you by telling, during the itinerary, the mysterious volcanic phenomena.
Programme of this full-day hike on Etna Mountain:
- Pick up and drop off Catania and surrounding areas or in Via Giuseppe Garibaldi 39 Catania
- We go up to 1800 m. of altitude-This would be the last part of the itinerary to be reached on board of our vehicle.
- From this point on we start trekking (the complete duration of this itinerary on foot will last about 4 hours, round-trip)
- We will get up to 2000 metres to admire an amazing show among the ancient craters.
- We will climb the craters up to 2200 metres, where you will admire an amazing panorama of the Ionian coast.
- During the return trip we will stop to explore one of the volcanic caves of the Etna area. (We will supply you with the safety helmets and flashlights).
Surcharges for pick up and drop off outside Catania
These surcharges are applied to the passengers for pick up and drop off outside the city of Catania
(amount to be shared out among the number of participants departing from the following places)
|SIGONELLA - MOTTA SANT'ANASTASIA||51€|
|RIPOSTO - GIARRE - MASCALI||51€|
This excursion is also available during the winter! The passengers will be supplied with snowshoes, if necessary.
The activities address to EtnaSicilyTouring members and the cost of the activity includes the membership fee as well as the insurance fee.
For further information about our excursions please read the F.A.Q. before booking.