Etna Sunset Tour Excursion
Tour on Etna volcano from Catania and its surrounding areas
An unforgettable hike on Etna Mountain! The lights of sunset upon the highest active volcano in Europe, a tasting of typical products of Etna, ancient craters and new lava flows.
This Etna tour departing from Catania includes an itinerary to discover the lunar landscapes and luxuriant woods of Etna Park, houses surrounded by lava, breath-taking views and volcanic caves to be safely explored.
During this spring/summer excursion on Etna Mountain you will be constantly escorted by our hiking guides who will fascinate you by telling the mysterious volcanic phenomena of Etna, in an incomparable atmosphere created by the sunset light.
Are you near Taormina? Take part in Etna Sunset Tour Excursion from Taormina.
Programme of this afternoon hike on Etna Mountain
- Pick up and drop off Catania and surrounding areas or in Via Giuseppe Garibaldi 39 Catania
- During this excursion on Etna volcano we will have a short break in a Laboratory where they produce honey, to taste the local typical food of Etna territory such as oil and wine.
- You will observe the different lava edges of the ancient lava flows (eruptions of 1991/1993) by climbing on the slopes of Etna Volcano.
- A pleasant walk along Etna trails to discover ancient and new craters, by observing the Ionian coastline from above.
- You will then explore an amazing lava flowing cave. (We will supply you with the safety helmets and flashlights).
- The “Valle del Bove”, ancient volcanic caldera.
Surcharges for pick up and drop off outside Catania
These surcharges are applied to the passengers for pick up and drop off outside the city of Catania
(amount to be shared out among the number of participants departing from the following places)
|SIGONELLA - MOTTA SANT'ANASTASIA||51€|
|RIPOSTO - GIARRE - MASCALI||51€|
This excursion is also available during the winter! The passengers will be supplied with snowshoes, if necessary.
The activities address to EtnaSicilyTouring members and the cost of the activity includes the membership fee as well as the insurance fee.
For further information about our excursions please read the F.A.Q. before booking.